Green Car Congress  
Go to GCC Discussions forum About GCC Contact  RSS Subscribe Twitter headlines

« First East-Coast Ethanol Plant Slated for North Carolina | Main | ExxonMobil’s Energy Outlook 2005 »

Print this post

Indonesian Oil and Gas Firm Building Country’s First Ethanol Plant

16 December 2005

Medco Energi International, Indonesia’s largest upstream oil and gas exploration firm, plans to build a $34.13-million ethanol plant in Lampung province in 2006. This will be the first ethanol plant in the country.

The joint-venture facility between Medco and PT Trade Bioenergy Indonesia will have annual production capacity of 60,000 kiloliters (about 16 million gallons US) of ethanol targeted for export, with cassava-derived starch and sugarcane molasses as the feedstocks, Medco said in a statement.

Production will begin by the end of the third quarter of 2007, with the main markets to be Singapore and Japan.

Medco Ethanol Indonesia, a unit of Medco, owns 85% of the joint venture, PT Medco Ethanol Lampung. PT Trade Bioenergy Indonesia holds the remaining 15% stake.

December 16, 2005 in Ethanol, Other Asia | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c4fbe53ef00d834e3c8e369e2

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Indonesian Oil and Gas Firm Building Country’s First Ethanol Plant:

Comments

africa is a business friendly zone,if you are interested in investing in the african oil business or others,please write through the above email address

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Green Car Congress © 2014 BioAge Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Home | BioAge Group