Green Car Congress  
Go to GCC Discussions forum About GCC Contact  RSS Subscribe Twitter headlines

« Seattle’s Essential Baking Company Shifts Delivery Fleet to B99 Biodiesel | Main | Spending Bill Includes $2.1 Million in 2006 for Hybrid Electric Military Vehicle R&D »

Print this post

Renault Increases Stake in Samsung Motors to 80%

29 December 2005

Reuters. Renault has purchased an additional 10% interest in South Korea’s Renault Samsung Motors (RSM) for 55 billion won ($54.3 million). The exercise of these options brings Renault’s stake in the Korean company to 80.1%. Samsung Group owns the remaining 19.9%.

Late last month, Renault Chairman Carlos Ghosn announced that RSM will begin to export the compact SM3 model (earlier post) under the Nissan brand beginning in 2006. Ghosn is also the chairman of Nissan.

Renault Samsung sold 85,098 cars last year, which accounted for 9.3% of the South Korean auto market. As of October 2005, Renault Samsung has sold about 100,000 cars, marking a 42.9% increase compared with the same period last year.

RSM will begin producing about 30,000 Nissan-branded SM3s annually beginning in 2006, according to Ghosn.

December 29, 2005 in Fuel Efficiency, Other Asia | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c4fbe53ef00d83524369353ef

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Renault Increases Stake in Samsung Motors to 80%:

Comments

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Green Car Congress © 2013 BioAge Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Home | BioAge Group