Sauter Carbon Offset Design has introduced the design of Transcendence, a 49-meter plug-in hybrid megayacht featuring Mercedes Benz / MTU Bluetec diesel electric power generation, solar cells, and a grid-chargeable Li-ion storage system to achieve a 50 to 100% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to other high-performance megayachts.
With a top speed of 25 knots, Transcendence also features:
- Azimuth counter rotating CLT high torque propeller systems
- Hydro and aerodynamic advances
- Hi-speed displacement hull design
- KER (Kinetic energy regeneration)
- Energy efficient equipment, including waste heat recovery
- Computerized energy management, maintenance & guidance.
- Plug-in Lithium-ion UPS rated at 1,000 kWh
Solar cells, KER and Plug-in sources of energy charge a Lithium-ion storage system that runs all hotel services including AC, day and night. The same Lithium UPS allows Transcendence to achieve her maximum speed under peak loads or to navigate in and out of harbors with zero emissions.
As a Carbon Offset Megayacht, Transcendence is a potential 4,000 ton per year Certified Carbon Offset Project, according to the company.