New app targets sharing plugs for EVs
7 March 2011
Xatori Inc. has released the PlugShare App for iPhone and iPod touch in the iTunes App Store. PlugShare is a community-driven electric vehicle (EV) charging network that allows iPhone and iPod touch owners in the United States to share their charging outlets with one another. PlugShare users can choose to share 240v J1772 plugs (compatible with the latest generation of EVs, such as the Nissan LEAF and Chevy Volt) or standard 120v outlets. PlugShare also includes an up-to-date listing of public charging stations.
With the PlugShare App, users can:
- Share electricity with others
- Browse a listing of public charging stations
- View profiles of other PlugShare members
- Call or text other PlugShare members
- Search for places to charge
- Connect with other EV owners and enthusiasts
- Set privacy and notification settings
- Get directions to shared outlets or charging stations
Users can freely browse the map of PlugShare members and charging stations, but must create a PlugShare account to view address and profile information. Users do not need a special outlet or an electric vehicle to sign up.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference New app targets sharing plugs for EVs: