Enova Confirms Electric Drive Order from Smith Electric Vehicles
Car Sharing Gaining Popularity in Japan

DaimlerChrysler Truck Group and Fiat to Cooperate on Powertrains

The DaimlerChrysler Truck Group and Fiat Powertrain Technologies (FPT) have entered a strategic co-operation agreement in the field of powertrains.

The first stage in the agreement is Fiat’s long-term supply of a 3.0-liter diesel to the Mitsubishi Fuso Bus & Truck Corporation (MFTBC, part of the DaimlerChrysler Truck Group), to be used in the Canter light commercial vehicle. The Canter will be sold in major markets, including Europe and Japan.

The F1C common rail turbocharged diesel engine is rated at 177 hp (132 kW) at 3,500 rpm and a torque of 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) at 1,400 rpm. The Euro-4 engine is also applied in Iveco’s New Daily truck.

FPT will supply around 80,000 of the F1C engines per year to Mitsubishi Fuso starting in 2009. The supply volumes will increase over the following years.

The current Canter generation was introduced in 2002, and has sold more than 132,000 units in more than 106 countries world-wide.

The DaimlerChrysler Truck Group is a division of the DaimlerChrysler AG and the world’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, with five primary truck brands: Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star and Fuso. DaimlerChrysler AG owns 85% of MFTBC. The remaining 15% of shares are held by various Mitsubishi Group companies. MFTBC is an integral operating division of the DaimlerChrysler Truck Group.

Comments

The comments to this entry are closed.