Ioxus says that its family of ultracapacitors, which are 100% US-made, provide smaller-sized solutions with more capacitance and greater power densities that competitive offerings. The following Ioxus ultracapacitors and pseudo-capacitors are available now:
- 100F, 2.7V ultracapacitors
- 350F, 2.7V ultracapacitors
- 400F, 2.7V ultracapacitors
- 600F, 2.7V ultracapacitors
- 2000F, 2.7V ultracapacitors
- 220F, 2.3V pseudo-capacitors
- 800F, 2.3V pseudo-capacitors
- 1000F, 2.3V pseudo-capacitors
Ioxus is a subsidiary of Custom Electronics, Inc., which has supplied commercial and military clients with high-reliability capacitors and integrated electronic solutions since 1964.
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) awarded up to $1.5 million to Ioxus in April 2009 to support the company’s manufacturing facilities. As a result of the NYSERDA program, Ioxus raised $5 million in venture capital funding to support manufacturing and development of its solutions.