Tesla Motors announced Roadster 2.5, the latest generation of its electric sports car. It will debut simultaneously with the opening of Tesla’s two new stores in Copenhagen, Denmark, and Newport Beach, California.
New features in Roadster 2.5 include:
- A new look, which includes a new front fascia with diffusing vents, and rear diffuser reflecting the future of Tesla design.
- Directional forged wheels available in both silver and black.
- New seats with improved comfort, larger more supportive bolsters and a new lumbar support system.
- Power control hardware that enables spirited driving in exceptionally hot climates.
- An optional 7” touchscreen display with back-up camera.
- Improved interior sound reduction including new front fender liner material make the cabin even quieter.
The enhancements in the Roadster 2.5 are the direct result of accumulated customer feedback, the company said. More than 1,200 current owners in at least 23 countries have logged more than five million electric miles.