Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will give the global premiere of its fuel-efficient Mitsubishi Concept Global Small (show model) vehicle at the 81st Geneva International Motor Show (1-13 March at the Geneva Palexpo exhibition and conference complex.
The Concept Global Small achieves CO2 emissions in the mid-90g/km range due to:
- An idling stop mechanism;
- A 1.0 – 1.2L class compact engine equipped with a regenerative braking system;
- Weight trimming to the most complex parts;
- Reduced running resistance in the engine, new-generation CVT, brakes, and tires; and
- A body shape that greatly reduces aerodynamic resistance.
The Concept Global Small is the concept model of the compact passenger vehicle that is planned for production in March of 2012 at the MMC’s new third factory in Thailand.
The features of the Concept Global Small include good maneuverability and easy operation, an inherent of a compact car, accomplished in a package that can comfortably seat five adults.