Coulomb Technologies introduces ChargePoint Android app for EV owners; 20K-plus charging sessions/month on ChargePoint Network
Coulomb Technologies introduced its latest ChargePoint smart phone app, for Android smart phones. Now available for free in the Android Market for the US, the ChargePoint App joins Coulomb’s mobile app product family, which includes apps for the Blackberry and iPhone.
Coulomb’s ChargePoint apps give electric vehicle (EV) drivers real-time charging station status, reservations, location information and navigation.
We are seeing more than 20 thousand vehicle charging sessions a month on the ChargePoint Network and, on average, drivers remain plugged in for an average of eight hours a session. The ChargePoint app provides essential information and control for EV drivers needing to charge. Since EV charging stations are typically busy for hours, EV drivers need an app that tells them which stations are currently available to them. I have driven EVs for more than a decade and know firsthand what it means to arrive at stations that are already use or broken. That doesn’t happen on ChargePoint.—Richard Lowenthal, founder and CTO at Coulomb
The ChargePoint mobile apps offer features to locate stations near any specified address, get turn-by-turn directions, and to start and stop a charging session directly from a smart phone. Additionally, these apps allow drivers to utilize the ChargePoint Network’s new reservation feature. Drivers can now locate reservable stations, and then make, view, and cancel a reservation time slot directly from a smart phone.
ChargePoint app features include the ability to:
- Find charging stations near you or near any specified address
- Get turn-by-turn directions to charging stations
- See the real-time availability of charging stations: Available or In Use
- Start and Stop charging sessions directly from the ChargePoint app
- Get directions from your current location to where your vehicle is charging
- Get status on your current or most recent charging session: energy used, greenhouse gas savings, time
- Receive real-time notifications of your current charging session
- View station details including: charging station configuration (voltage/current/connector), price to charge, and total cost after completing a charging session
- Search and filter for stations by: available, in use, paid, free
- Reservations: Locate reservable stations, and then make, view, and cancel reservations directly from the ChargePoint app
- View your ChargePass account info
- Ability to view your Home Charger and its status