Azure Dynamics Corporation announced 29 new Ford Transit Connect Electric sales, including 8 units in Europe and 21 units in North America, which includes a 3-unit reorder from Johnson Controls, Inc.
Azure is a provider of electric drive technology for light to medium-duty commercial fleet vehicles in North America and is the first authorized provider of electric and hybrid electric solutions on Ford’s light-and medium-duty commercial vehicles.
The Transit Connect Electric utilizes a lithium-ion battery pack from Johnson Controls to achieve a range of 50 to 80 miles depending on auxiliary usage and drive cycle and is rechargeable using either a 240-volt or standard 120-volt outlet.
The latest 29 orders bring global Transit Connect Electric sales to more than $29 million in less than 12 months of production, said Scott Harrison, Azure’s CEO.
Azure Dynamics has agreements with more than 150 Ford commercial truck dealerships in markets across North America, 90 of which support sales and service activities for Transit Connect Electric and in six countries throughout Europe representing 13 dealerships with 57 store locations.
The 29 Transit Connect Electric vans announced were sold to a variety of customers across North America and Europe as well as to a number of Ford commercial truck dealers who will use the vans as customer demonstrators to increase awareness and appreciation of the product. These sales include:
- Van Bortel Ford in Rochester, NY
- Verizon Wireless through Stoneham in Stoneham, MA
- Mission Valley Ford in San Jose, CA (2 units)
- Hawk Ford in Oak Lawn, IL
- Harris Ford in Lynnwood, WA (2 units)
- Metro Motors Ltd in Port Coquitlam, BC (2 units)
- National Renewable Energy Lab through Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs, CO
- Boyer Ford in Minneapolis, MN
- Johnson Controls through Sutton Ford in Matteson, IL (3 units)
- Oak-land Ford in Oakville, Ontario
- Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA (2 units)
- Tuttle-Click Ford in Irvine, CA
- City of Santa Monica through Trans West Ford in Fontana, CA
- Giant Eagle through Shults Ford in Wexford, PA (2 units)
- Scottish authorities (5 units) and police forces (1 unit) through AM Phillip located in Forfar, Scotland
- Property service and maintenance company through Ardea located in Rotterdam, Netherlands (2 units)