Lehr, Inc., a company that patented the use of propane canisters to fuel small engines, is introducing the first OEM marine outboard engines that run on propane. Benefits of the propane engine include:
- Up to 50% lower fuel cost and more cost effective to use and maintain;
- No gasoline polluting the water;
- No ethanol or fuel related issues;
- Zero evaporative emissions; and
- No choke, no priming, no carburetor gum-up & no winterizing.
The first two engines are 2.5 hp and 5 hp with higher power models to be released in the future.
|Lehr propane-fueled outboard engine. Click to enlarge.|