DOT to award up to $60M for projects to develop model sites for advanced transportation and congestion management technologies
The US DOT will award up to $60 million to eligible entities to develop model deployment sites for large scale installation and operation of advanced transportation technologies to improve safety, efficiency, system performance, and infrastructure return on investment. (DTFH6116RA00012)
DOT expects these model deployments to results in:
- reduced traffic-related fatalities and injuries;
- reduced traffic congestion and improved travel time reliability;
- reduced transportation-related emissions;
- optimized multimodal system performance;
- improved access to transportation alternatives, including for underserved populations;
- public access to real time integrated traffic, transit, and multimodal transportation information to make informed travel decisions;
- cost savings to transportation agencies, businesses, and the traveling public; or
- other benefits to transportation users and the general public.
The grant program will promote the use of innovative transportation solutions; the deployment of these technologies is expected to provide Congress and DOT with valuable real life data and feedback to inform future decision making.