Proterra announced that eight new and existing customers have won Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Low or No Emission (LoNo) Vehicle Deployment Grants. The 2016 LoNo grant winners will use their funds, a total of $22.8 million, to purchase 35 Catalyst buses, bringing Proterra’s total number of firm orders to 287 vehicles from 38 cities across the United States.
With more than 2.4 million miles of revenue service, Proterra has more battery-electric buses on the road today in North America than any other manufacturer.
The LoNo recipients are:
- Santa Clara Valley (California) Transportation Authority (VTA), five 40' Catalyst XR buses
- Delaware Transit Corporation, six 35' Catalyst XR buses
- Everett Transit (Washington), four 40' Catalyst XR buses
- Lextran (Kentucky), one 40' Catalyst FC bus
- Park City Transit (Utah), six 40' Catalyst FC buses
- Pierce Transit (Washington), two 40' Catalyst FC buses
- Port Arthur Transit (Texas), six 35' Catalyst FC buses
- SporTran (Louisiana), five 35' Catalyst FC buses