At AutoMobility LA, Hyundai announced the addition of a Blue Link skill for Amazon Alexa. (Earlier post.) Hyundai owners now have the convenience of locking, unlocking and remote-starting their vehicles from the comfort of their couch, kitchen or bedroom using voice commands. The new Blue Link skill for Amazon Alexa is available across Alexa-enabled devices and Hyundai vehicles equipped with the second generation of Blue Link.
Adding even more convenience to the ownership experience, owners of the all-new Hyundai IONIQ Electric and Plug-in Electric vehicles are able to start and stop the charge of their cars with the ease of simple voice commands with the Blue Link skill. Hyundai owners can request various functions of their car including:
- Remote start and stop charging of the Hyundai IONIQ Electric, IONIQ Plug-in and Sonata Plug-in
- Remote engine start with climate control across all supported Hyundai models
- Remote door lock/unlock across all Hyundai models
- Remote horn/lights across all Hyundai models equipped
Blue Link brings connectivity directly into the car with technology like Remote Start with Climate Control, Destination Search powered by Google, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Car Finder, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, and Stolen Vehicle Recovery. Blue Link can be easily accessed from the buttons on the rearview mirror, the web, or via smartphone app. In addition to the new Blue Link skill, some of these features can be controlled via the latest Android Wear and Apple Watch smartwatch offerings.
The Blue Link skill for Amazon Alexa is compatible with second generation Blue Link equipped vehicles. These vehicles include:
- All 2017 model Blue Link equipped vehicles
- The following 2016 model vehicles: Genesis, Azera, Tucson, Sonata (SE, Sport Limited, Sport 2.0T, Limited 2.0T, Eco 1.6T), Sonata Hybrid (Limited Ultimate package), Veloster (Tech package), Elantra GT (Tech package)
- The following 2015MY vehicles: Genesis, Sonata, Azera.
To send commands to Hyundai vehicles via Alexa, users must enable the Blue Link skill in their Alexa app available on iOS, Android and Fire tablets, and then link their existing Blue Link account within the Alexa app. Voice commands will only be sent to Hyundai vehicles after Alexa prompts owners for their Blue Link Personal Identification Number (PIN).