Zero Labs introduces electric classic Ford Bronco
RoboSense launches Smart Sensor System at Shanghai Auto Show

Neste and the City of Oakland partner to fuel the city fleet with waste cooking oil converted to diesel

Waste feedstock from the City of Oakland, California is now being converted to Neste MY Renewable Diesel and fuels the city’s fleet.

The city, Neste, fuel distributor Western States Oil and local collectors for used cooking oil joined forces to gather waste cooking oils from restaurants and other businesses in the Oakland metropolitan area and convert it to fuel the city’s fleet.

By making waste more valuable and supporting jobs that collect and treat it, this concept helps the local economy in the city while the cleaner-burning Neste MY Renewable Diesel improves the lives of its residents by reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the city’s fleet.

Neste MY Renewable Diesel is a low-carbon fuel produced from 100% renewable and sustainable raw materials, primarily wastes and residues. It cuts engine-out emissions of nitrogen oxides by 9%, those of carbon monoxide by 24% and fine particulates by 33%, all while enhancing fleet performance.

The concept by the city of Oakland and Neste saves greenhouse gas emissions by 74% compared to conventional, fossil diesel. Neste MY Renewable Diesel is a direct replacement fuel that requires no blending and is compatible with all diesel engines.

Comments

SJC

Renewable Diesel is not bio diesel, it can be used 100%.

Engineer-Poet

Great use for a waste stream, so long as it truly a WASTE stream and not something with higher-value uses.

Also not a solution for petroleum consumption.  US distillate fuel consumption is running about 4.13 million bbl/day.  That's about 63 billion gallons a year.  Total consumption of oils for cooking, etc. is about 2 billion gpy.  That's maybe 3%.  We need a solution for the other 97% too.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Your Information

(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)