Waterfront Shipping takes delivery of second-generation methanol-fueled vessels
Navigant expects global share of electric buses to grow to nearly 33% by 2030

In 2017, Australia, Chile, and Argentina produced 91% of the world’s lithium

Some key materials used for manufacturing lithium-ion batteries are lithium, cobalt, nickel, manganese, and natural graphite, which come from more than 30 different countries. In 2017, Australia, Chile, and Argentina produced 91% of all lithium while the rest of the world supplied the remaining 9%.

4A284F08-D38C-44BF-9499-07C565446ED6

The Democratic Republic of Congo produced 59% of the world’s cobalt. Other lithium-ion battery materials, such as nickel, have a more even distribution of production throughout the world.

9984F3C5-6590-4D58-9862-733874C08404

Clean Energy Manufacturing Analysis Center, “Are there enough materials to cover li-ion batteries?”

Comments

HarveyD

Who says that future improved lower cost solid states batteries will use as much lithium and cobalt per kWh.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Your Information

(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)